Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Take Over, The Break's Over

Tuesday 5 February 2013
Posted by Megan at 2:06 pm
FALL OUT BOY IS BACK.

My roommates are probably tired of me playing and talking non-stop about Fall Out Boy's comeback since they released 'My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)' last night and they'll probably want to strangle me once they get back from class and realize that I'm still blasting the goddamn song. Haha.

Of course, it's only fitting that their song title is a meter long but I don't care, they're Fall Out Boy. They get to do that. I think the first thing I ever heard from them was 'Saturday' and I fell in love with Patrick's amusing voice. It was summer probably around year 2004 and I was bored out of my mind just flipping around myspace and I came around Fall Out Boy's page and listened to them. After that, I was practically sticking their faces on my notebooks and printing random pictures to post on my wall. I was a kid, so stop judging. :P

I listened to other bands before them but I just feel like, 'ok, I know this song from you, that's enough'. With Fall Out Boy, that wasn't enough. I guess that's where my fangirl nature developed. But not a lot of people knew about them at that time in my place. Most of my friends would like mellow and rnb-ish songs and here I am listening to a band louder than Christmas carolers. I listened to them in the comforts of my room--very pseudo-emo-freak--and I remember begging my mom to let me use her credit card so I can buy their official merchandise and to be a part of their fanclub. I'm such a kid.

After a while, I got over them and then it went back when they released their 'From Under The Cork Tree' album. Then their 'Sugar, We're Going Down' song went on to be a hit and everybody finally fucking knew them. I was so happy because finally people knew what I was talking about and what I was listening to. When 'A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me' (oh god I panted typing that) premiered worldwide, I remember screaming in front of my TV and Dad would scold me and tell me to be more "ladylike"... yeah look where that got me :))

The boys weren't like any other band formed to get every girls ovaries popping. Sure Pete was there but I adored Patrick. Most of the girls would go for Pete and Joe but Patrick was cute and chubby and I felt like I just want to hug him every time I see him. Cuddly guys are the best. But he looks smoking hot right now, I can't even handle it.


And last night, their 3 year hiatus is FINALLY FUCKING OVER. Sorry if I keep on cussing but I just really need to get my point out there: FALL OUT BOY IS BACK. There were rumors a week ago that they're gonna do their comeback performance at Skate and Surf but Joe denied it and my heart was crushed into a million pieces. But last night my twitter exploded and my inbox was full of "WHERE ARE YOU'S" and "DAMMIT WOMAN, FALL OUT BOY IS BACK!" and my FOB high is probably going to last for the whole week. My roommates will just have to live with it for now :)

In the end, I can finally say: I survived FOB's hiatus bitches!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Hey, tiny girl! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos